Senior Star Award ~ Who is Eligible?
Any person or group carrying out community work of any kind, which principally benefits people from the older adult community may be nominated for a Senior Star Award. The nominee does not have to be a member of the older adult community themselves
To be nominated they should do work that:
- Provides a service and meets a need for people living in the local community
- Is supported, recognised and respected by the local community and the people who benefit from it
- Is run locally, and not part of a large, charitable organisation
- At the present time, nominees must come from the Avon & Somerset and South and Mid Wales areas (South Glous, Bristol, Bath and all Somerset areas, Inc. Bath). Awards will be considered outside these areas, but presentation of the trophy may not be made by a SCLT Board Member.
- Have carried out an exceptional act or sacrifice on behalf of an older adult/s which goes above and beyond what would be expected of a private citizen in normal circumstances.
Individuals and groups who wish to make a self nomination are encouraged to do so.
How are Winners Selected?
- All nominations are considered by a panel of judges drawn from the Management Committee of the Senior Citizen Liaison Team (SCLT), by invited lay-judges and by past winners of the award.